R&R Hamsters News Blog

14 December, 2007

New Roborovskis coming home!

When I will be home after the holidays there will be two new faces waiting for me at home. My friend Tamara is so kind to pick up two new furry heroes for me in my absence :) I promise to post some mug shots when I get home. And.... Hopefully I will have my brand spanking new IP cam working by then! With two new faces to watch I hope I will be able to resurrect the old Web Cam section.

Also I hope to get around to putting on line the media and movies sections. And the newly written FAQ with answers to lots of the questions that have been asked by email over the past few years. Only then will I have fully ported my whole old site to this new one. So stay tuned. Fun things to come in the New Year!

So for now Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Love,
Dymph

4 Comments:

Blogger Iowa Nats Fan said...

My daughter Maddy asked for, and received a couple female Robo's for Christmas! She absolutely loves them. These are her first Robo's that she's had and has done a great job of caring for them so far. They seem to like the Habitrail OVO Suite OK...we laid the tunnels down so they can maneuver through them. Great website and I'll make sure she reads your blog!

December 25, 2007 at 4:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She, however, look very different than the pictures you show. ( by the way... you hamsters are adorable!)
She is named Natasha. She is much bigger and has a brown stripe running down her back. It is hard to describe her in words-but still. Are there different species?

January 3, 2008 at 1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If the hamster has a dorsal stripe (stripe on the back) it is certainly not a Roborovski ;) It will probably be a Campbelli dwarf or a Russian Winter White dwarf hamster. Check out the pictures of my previous Winter Whites for reference.

Roborovski dwarf hamsters are very easy to recognize thru the white eyebrows (or white face in the White Face variation), puffy whiskers and the absence of a dorsal stripe.

There are colors variations of Campbelli dwarf hamsters that look similar to the Roborovski in coat pattern, but seen together the difference is unmistakable. :)

Congratulations with your new hamsters!

January 3, 2008 at 3:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice site rate on the first page on google .tk that is , framed to mac space i see.

I am in the process of converting a shed into my hamsters new room.

like the site a lot plenty of usefull information. Cheers NT UK

January 3, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home